This a blog about my life and all the things that happen in between plans; deep thoughts, silly stories, and everything else.







10.23.2011

A Quick Tour of My Life in Islington

Hello again! I'm sorry I haven't been posting as much as I would like to, things just get busy and I have a hard time grasping the concepts of conciseness and brevity... I know that comes as a shock to you. Anyway, I've been here a while now and only just got around to taking pictures of some of the things around my immediate area. That means only one thing: virtual tour time!

I'll just stick to the major landmarks and such for right now because if I were to go into the cute little hidden details of the neighborhood I would easily crash Blogger's server with pictures! So here we go.

Let's say I want to go out for groceries, the first place I would go would be Sainsbury's (because they have malted milk biscuits for 40p!) on Liverpool Street which is off of Upper Street in a town center known as Islington Angel or just Angel to us locals. There are two ways I could get there:
I could walk up City Road which is busy and
good for night time or...

... I could walk the back way through some
residences and a long, narrow park.

Either way I will end up in Angel which is where all the stores, restaurants, pubs, cinemas, post offices, and other such necessary things are found.
The end of Upper Street, essentially where Angel starts.
The brown building on the left is the original Angel Inn.
Here in Angel you can find...
Camden Passage, a little alley-like street just
behind busy Upper Street. There are tons of
cute cafes, restaurants, and shops here
 and a vintage market on the weekends!

The Angel Tube Station which is on the
Northern line... which always seems to be
down. This station apparently also has the
longest escalator in in the entire underground
network with 318 steps.
Now, let's say I wanted to go to school, which I don't usually but it is the reason I'm here after all.
Here's the College Building which is where all my music
classes are.

an awkward attempt to show that the entry
is a tower with a clock.

and here's the University Building which is mostly library. 

 I think this is considered the main entrance though it's just
one of many.

The main part of the school is made up of 5 interconnected
buildings across from this; Northampton Square.

After a day at school I would walk back to my residence hall which usually takes me anywhere between 5 to 15 minutes. I'm guessing this is due to some type of space-time fluctuation or worm hole effect because I always seem to be walking at the same speed but I just can't figure out the standard timing of the journey. Anyways, no matter how long it takes I know I'm almost there when I see:
My building, Liberty Hall. Glamorous, no?
And there's my window!

After tapping my electronic key fob against the reader pad and feeling like a spy entering a restricted government area I would go through the front door, not the mysterious revolving door to the right which seems to be locked in place. There, the on duty desk attendant will either look up and smile or ignore me completely depending on who is working. My room is in a prime location and I only have to walk straight down one hallway to get to my door where I will find:

My room!
(recently cleaned)
And my desk... which is usually much more cluttered and
covered with rings from my tea mug and biscuit crumbs.
And lastly, here is my bathroom mirror with the
infamous outlets above in which I desperately
tried to charge my laptop on my first night here.
(the rest of my tiny bathroom is pretty standard
and not really picture worthy)

Yep, that is basically what I see in a day here in Islington. Then I wake up and do it all again the next day... 
...with my pants on, of course!

Thanks for virtually following me around my neighborhood, one of these days I plan to go out and photograph more of Islington's hidden treasures so look for that post in the future!

Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!